At Wecom Inc., we understand that our team is our biggest asset. Offering a lucrative benefits package and contagious company culture, come see why we are different than your average telecommunications company.
Job Title: Foreman (Full Time)
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Summary: The Tower Foreman will manage the day-to-day activities of a crew, including up to 4 Tower Technicians. The Foreman will act as a team leader and mentor for less experienced Tower Technicians, while completing assigned projects, coordinating with area offices and suppliers, and keeping safety a top priority.
The Foreman will be able to analyze situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action. The successful Foreman is knowledgeable and proficient in all aspects of running the tower top and bottom, with attention to all jobs being completed quickly, accurately, and efficiently.
- Develop, manage, and implement project schedules for specific projects, with special attention to deadlines, industry standards, weather, etc.
- Serve as the main point of contact between the Project Manager and Tower Technicians on the crew.
- Track and report project dates and project status daily. Including, but not limited to, daily reports & daily photos
- Possess the ability to resolve conflicts as necessary for project completion.
- Delegate construction duties and responsibilities to tower technicians.
- Train tower technicians on the maintenance, installation, and decommissioning of cellular tower components such as coaxial cable, antenna, radios, fiber optic cable, DC power cable, and broadcast equipment for cell phones.
- Train Tower Technicians to construct, install and maintain communication tower and support structures.
- Stay up to date on new/ changing industry standards, and effectively communicate and train the Tower Technicians on these changes.
- Complete Close-Out Packages and submit “Deliverables” to Project Manager.
- Maintain a level of excellence in the crew’s quality of work and mindset.
- Travel when required
- Manage confidential information
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Perform other duties as assigned
Educations and Qualifications:
Must have high school diploma or equivalent. Minimum 6 months to 1 year experience managing Civil and or Tower crews, building wireless cell phone sites; minimum 2-5 years’ experience climbing and working on towers; current COMTRAIN or equivalent certifications in Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue certification. Must be able to take a hands-on approach in leading their team through demonstration and training.
Must have the ability to run the top independently; demonstrate knowledge / proficiency with Capstan Hoist. Requires proven knowledge of sector/antenna configurations, jumper & coax routing, RET settings, and cabling; OHSA, CPR/First Aid certification; personal protective equipment (PPE) provision and use; radio frequency (RF) use; tower rigging; ability to operate specialize equipment including but not limited to aerial lift, forklift, backhoe and capstan.
Requires the physical ability to properly climb; must be able to lift, carry push and pull up heavy cellular equipment. There may be the need to work 40+ hour work weeks; ocassional out of town travel is required (is very minimal). Exposure to noise and outdoor elements.
Must be well organized with strong attention to detail.
Foreman must hold valid Driver’s License. Ability to pass a drug test is REQUIRED.
Full Benefit Package; including but not limited to Medical, Vision, Dental, Short Term Disability, AD&D Life Insurance Policy, 401K Program, Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off. Ability and encouragement for advancement in company.
Wecom Inc. (and its subsidiaries) complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). Wecom Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Company benefits subject to change.