Founded upon the vision of providing unparalleled expertise in the communications field, Wecom Inc. strives to develop superior communications networks for our users through state-of-the-art technology, network design, leadership, and partnerships. Wecom takes pride in the knowledge and standard of work provided to our customers, in a field that continues growing at an alarming rate. Working alongside some of the largest telecommunications companies in the world, Wecom Inc. is looking for self-motivated leaders looking to grow themselves, and our company along the way.
At Wecom Inc., we understand that our team is our biggest asset. Offering a lucrative benefits package and contagious company culture, come see why we are different than your average telecommunications company.
The Tower Technician I will have a fundamental understanding of the wireless industry. Approximately 40-60% of time is spent onsite, and climbing Cellular Towers. The Tower Tech I will support the Lead Tower Hand when working the top side, and the Tower Foreman when working on the ground.
- Learn to maintain, install, and decommission cellular tower components such as coaxial cable, antennas, radios, fiber optic cable, DC power cable, and broadcast equipment for cell phones.
- Learn and develop an understanding for color coding, weather proofing, grounding, etc., as it pertains to the Scope of Work on hand.
- Read and interpret various construction documents including: construction drawings, piping diagrams, job specifications, mounting specs, testing procedures, blue prints, and manufacturer specifications, to ensure proper installation of equipment.
- Learn and Perform grounding, terminations, fastening, proper bolting and antioxidant use, support of leads. Cad welding (as required).
- Assist the overall project on ground work as well as, including crew work, on maintenance of equipment or vehicles.
- Follow all state and federal safety regulations (OSHA, local turfing vendor, etc.) while working in an efficient and productive manner.
- Learn how to use and complete Job Safety Analysis forms to document the safety of the work environment.
- Work in a team environment on the crew, and be a valued member of the team/ company.
- Travel when required
- Manage confidential information
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Perform other duties as assigned
Educations and Qualifications
Must have high school diploma or equivalent; knowledge and successful completion of Tower/Rescue training/certification; CPR/First Aid certification; personal protective equipment (PPE) provision and use; radio frequency (RF) awareness; tower rigging; ability to operate specialize equipment including but not limited to aerial lift, forklift, backhoe and capstan.
Requires the physical ability to climb 300 vertical feet per day; must be able to lift, carry push and pull up to 100 lbs. There may be the need to work 40+ hour work weeks on occasion; some out of town travel is required. Exposure to noise and outdoor elements.
Must be self-motivated, able to receive and interpret instructions, quick learner and hard working.
The Tower Tech I must hold valid Driver’s License. Ability to pass a drug test is REQUIRED.
Full Benefit Package; including but not limited to Medical, Vision, Dental. Short Term Disability, AD&D Life Insurance Policy AT NO COST TO EMPLOYEE. 401K Program. Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off. Ability and encouragement for advancement in company.
Wecom Inc. (and its subsidiaries) complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). Wecom Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Company benefits subject to change.